Star Cabin Canopy Kitset (9m2+9m2 Canopy)
The pressure treated Star Cabin 3x3m kitset is one of our most popular models of cabin. With 9m2 of floorspace, the Star cabin rests comfortably in the balance between providing plenty of interior space, fitting within most local council building restrictions, and not swallowing up too much garden space in your back yard.
Now you can make it even better, with the addition of a three-meter canopy out the front, you can relax outside with plenty of additional shelter from rain and sun. (Or click here to go back to the regular Star Cabin without the canopy.)
A couple of important notes:
- A deck is not included as part of the Canopy kitset, (some people prefer to add paving or lay ceramic tiles on a concrete slab).
- If your cabin and canopy will be built in an area that is exposed or experiences high wind, we strongly recommend that you also buy the Canopy Storm Brace Kit to help ensure your cabin and canopy both remain thouroughly grounded, where they belong.
3m x 3m = 9 Square Meters
|Height (At peak)||
Kiln-Dried Nordic Spruce
- Skill Level: DIY / Home Handyman. Sound building knowledge or trade skills are recommended.
- Build Time: 2-4 Days (2 people are recommended).
- Need a hand? Check out our list of recommended builders to find one in your area: CLICK HERE to Find A Builder (opens in a new tab).
- Tools & Equipment. Here's a list of the tools and equipment we recommend having on hand to assemble your kitset: Click here to see the tools (opens in a popup).
Tools & Equipment:
Here's a quick list of common tools or equipment that we recommend you have available when building your cabin:
- Rubber mallet.
- Hammer and Punch.
- Battery Drill.
- Tape Measure.
- Straight Edge.
- Skill Saw.
- Step Ladder.
- Craft Knife (for cutting/trimming roof tiles).
- Paint/varnish to seal and finish.
- Able-bodied assistant.
Additional tools that can be helpful:
- Nail gun.
- Electric Planer.
- Mitre/Compound Saw.
Included in Your Kitset:
The Star Cabin Kitset
Kitset including timber for joists, floor, walls roof, and roofing shingles.
Canopy Kit / (3 Meter Roof Extension)
Extends the roof of your Star, Star Deluxe, or Cabana cabin by 3 meters.
Double French Doors
One set of W24H double French-style doors. 1210mm wide x 1935mm high.
Single Top-Hung Window
One single W44 top-hung window. 700mm wide x 1140mm high.
Hardware & Components
Installation components, including fasteners, sealant, and hardware.
Build Support & Instructions
Including instruction booklet, step-by-step video, ongoing phone and email support from our shed consultants.
All our doors and windows come with double-glazed glass for maximum comfort.
Pressure Treated Timber
All of the kitset timber components (excluding doors/windows) have been treated with our non-toxic pressure treatment system.
Do you have any questions?
We would love to help answer those for you!
To help you plan your project, here's a quick list of common options (that we don't currently provide), but which you may want to add to your SheShed:
- Sub-base/frame or foundations.
- Installation/Assembly of the kitset.
- Painting & decorating.
- Electrical wiring/connections.
- Roof guttering and downspouts.
Although these are not included in the kitset, we do have ideas, tips and advice to help you add them to your cabin. Give us a call!
Council Approval & Consents:
Council approval is not required* in most areas of AU & NZ providing your cabin...
- ... is placed at least its own height away from the boundary.
- ... is an accessory building (not a dwelling).
*These conditions are general in nature, as each council has its own requirements. Therefore we recommend you discuss directly with them.
Optional Extras to Add to Your Star Cabin Canopy:
Here's a few extra options we can provide, (Clicking on any of the options below will open their details page in a new tab/window):
Upgrade The Star Cabin Canopy:
Is the Star Cabin (with canopy) close, but not quite right? Here's what you could look at instead, click on an option below to learn more: (Both of the options shown below are also compatible with the Canopy Kit, but the kit must be purchased separately. See here for details.)
Upgrade to the Star Deluxe which is two Star cabins with a special joiner-kit to merge the two cabins together for a total of 18.75 meters square. Compatible with the Canopy Kit. Click here to read more about the Star Deluxe Cabin.
See What Others Have Done With Their Own Star Cabin:
Click on an image below to see more details about one of these great sheds built and decorated by our very own SheShed customers.
See More Shed Inspiration
Click one of the buttons below to browse more of our customer shed's to get inspiration for your own She Shed build: