Coastal Cabin Kitset (12m2)
Looking for a stylish and modern cabin that will make you feel like you’re by the ocean? Introducing our new Coastal Cabin kitset! Inspired by beautiful ocean landscapes, this cabin is slightly larger than our Tussock model at 4m wide x 3m long and is perfect for those who want a little extra space. The walls are made of untreated timber, ready to be painted in whatever colour you choose. Plus, with its modern design and sturdy construction, you can be sure that your 12 square-meter Coastal Cabin will last for years to come. Escape to paradise today!
Like the smaller Tussock Kitset, this Coastal Cabin Kitset comes with 45mm thick solid-timber walls for better natural insulation, and it comes with both corrugated iron roofing and roof insulation included in the kitset price.
As always, all our doors and windows are double-glazed to modern high standards, and these new taller windows feature the new European-style tilt and turn opening system to allow for natural airflow circulation while keeping the weather out. (The window can be either tilted inwards at the top for air circulation, or opened fully like a traditional casement window!)
Please note that the kitset comes as natural untreated and unpainted timber, so like any wooden structure you will need to properly seal and paint your cabin to protect it from the weather.
Frequently Asked Questions (About New Cabin Styles)
- "Can I move the windows?" - Yes, the side window is not pre-cut into the wall, which means when building the cabin, you can choose which side to place the window in. (In contrast, the front window and doors are pre-cut, so can not be moved without purchasing new boards).
- "Once these new cabins are sold out, how long before more are available?" - Once this incoming shipment has been sold, it may take up to 4 months for more stock to arrive.
New Zealand: Order now (0800 626 500) for stock arriving end of June 2022.
Australia: Enquire for pre-orders: (1800 316 583). Eta Spring 2022.
Fill out the form here to join the waiting list and be notified on stock updates for this new cabin kitset. (Or phone us to pre-order).
Please note, as per our normal terms and conditions, a 50% deposit is required to reserve your order in our incoming shipment, and while stocks last.
Join Waiting List:
4m x 3m = 12 Square Meters
|Height (At peak)||
Kiln-Dried Nordic Spruce
- Skill Level: DIY / Home Handyman. Sound building knowledge or trade skills are recommended.
- Build Time: 2-4 Days (2 people are recommended).
- Need a hand? Check out our list of recommended builders to find one in your area: CLICK HERE to Find A Builder (opens in a new tab).
- Tools & Equipment. Here's a list of the tools and equipment we recommend having on hand to assemble your kitset: Click here to see the tools (opens in a popup).
Tools & Equipment:
Here's a quick list of common tools or equipment that we recommend you have available when building your cabin:
- Rubber mallet.
- Hammer and Punch.
- Battery Drill.
- Tape Measure.
- Straight Edge.
- Skill Saw.
- Step Ladder.
- Craft Knife (for cutting/trimming roof tiles).
- Paint/varnish to seal and finish.
- Able-bodied assistant.
Additional tools that can be helpful:
- Nail gun.
- Electric Planer.
- Mitre/Compound Saw.
Included in Your Kitset:
Coastal Cabin Kitset
Kitset including timber for joists, floor, walls and roof.
Modern Double Doors
New double doors to suit the 45mm Tussock range of cabins.
x4 Tilt and Turn Windows
Four European-style Tilt and Turn Windows to suit the new 45mm cabin range.
Corrugated Roof & Insulation
Corrugated iron roofing with blanket-style roof insulation included.
Hardware & Components
Installation components, including fasteners, sealant, and hardware.
Build Support & Instructions
Including instruction booklet, step-by-step video, ongoing phone and email support from our shed consultants.
All our doors and windows come with double-glazed glass for maximum comfort.
Do you have any questions?
We would love to help answer those for you!
To help you plan your project, here's a quick list of common options that we don't (currently) provide, but which you may want to add to your SheShed:
- Sub-base/frame or foundations.
- Installation/Assembly of the kitset.
- Painting & decorating.
- Electrical wiring/connections.
Although these are not included in the kitset, we do have ideas, tips and advice to help you add them to your cabin. Give us a call!
Council Approval & Consents:
Council approval is not required* in most areas of AU & NZ providing your cabin...
- ... is placed at least its own height away from the boundary.
- ... is an accessory building (not a dwelling).
*These conditions are general in nature, as each council has its own requirements. Therefore we recommend you discuss directly with them.
Download our Free PDF brochure to see more options:
(Note that our current brochure does not include details about our three new cabin styles, the 8m2 Tussock, 12m2 Coastal, and 19m2 Alpine.)
See More Shed Inspiration
Click one of the buttons below to browse more of our customer shed's to get inspiration for your own She Shed build: