If you’re like most people, you probably work from home at least occasionally. Maybe you do all your work from home, or maybe it’s just a day here and there. No matter how often you work from home, though, it’s important to have an efficient and organized space that suits your needs. In this blog post, we’ll provide some essentials for setting up your home office and creating a stylish and productive workspace. Plus, we’ve put together a home office style mood board to help get you inspired!
You can find links to view the featured items at the bottom of this page, or you can follow us @SheShedCabins on Instagram for more great design inspirations.
There’s just something about being able to roll out of bed and start working without having to fight traffic that sounds appealing. But before you can start enjoying the benefits of working from home, you need to make sure your home office is set up for success.
Work From Home Essentials
- Pick a quite light filled space to work. Our 3x3m Star Cabin has been our most popular option for a backyard office space.
- A comfortable chair to work from.
- Stay organised – have a space for everything, keep a diary to keep goals and plan your week in advance.
- Be inspired – artwork, a moodboard, candles or beautiful garden views? Being visually inspired helps enhance creativity.
- Stay hydrated – keep a bottle of water nearby and coffee machine for those midmorning caffeine hits.
- Good lighting on those gloomy grey days – whether it is a table lamp, hanging pendant or downlights. Great lighting is also an essential for Zoom meetings.
- Plants and fresh flowers – Helps reduce stress and anxiety. Increases productivity and cognition by 15%
- And of course, the latest technology! Keeping up to date on the best programs and apps for working remotely. A couple of our favourites are; Asana, Notion, Mila Note, Dropbox, Later, Headway, Lightroom Mobile.
Check out Mark’s Star Cabin work from home space, featured in the latest issue of Adore Magazine in Loni & Mark’s Coastal Haven renovation in Brisbane’s bayside. Adding “a customised SheShed as a detached studio space for Mark – a crucial addition, giving that they both work from home.” See more from this Star Cabin Home Office here.
3x3m Star Cabin – SheShed | Arch Monitor Stand – Made Of Tomorrow | Weekly Mid Year Dairy – An Organised Life | Austin Gooseneck Outdoor Light – Barnlight Australia | Lattissima Coffee Machine – Nespresso | FERM Living Ripple Carafe Set – Available from SLOW Store in New Zealand or Mecque in Australia | Bleeker Vase in Matte Black – Avenue 101 | Phoenix Boucle Chair – Coco Republic | Candles and Brass Candle Holders – Black Blaze | Norma Table Lamp – McMullin & Co.
Download our Free PDF brochure to see more options
Enter your name and email address in the form below and we'll send you a link to view or download our full PDF brochure.
Do you have any questions?
We would love to help answer those for you!